Booking Terms and Conditions
The Salty Dog and Rock Lobster, Camber Sands
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. They set out the terms of, and basis upon which a binding contract comes into existence between you and us as owners of the Property.
These Terms and Conditions DO NOT include cancellation protection rights and, in the event of cancellation by you for whatever reason, you will not be protected from your liability to us for up to 100% of your rental cost. You are strongly advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover your stay at the Property and any possible cancellation costs. Should you choose not to do this then any loss that you may suffer as a result of your cancellation will be at your sole risk.
Within these Terms and Conditions: “you” and “your” means the person signing or emailing to us the booking form as party leader but these Terms and Conditions apply to all other persons in the party (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date); “we”, “us” and “our” means Mr and Mrs PA Brazel of 2 Forge Square, The Green, Leigh, Kent TN11 8QR; and “Property” means the property to which the booking relates, being The Salty Dog, 5 Whitesand Drive, Camber, East Sussex TN31 7SJ or Rock Lobster, 11 Sea Holly Walk, Camber, East Sussex TN31 7UW, as the case may be.
- Booking Contract
- By submitting the booking form to us, you agree to enter into a contract with us on the these Terms and Conditions.
- You must be aged 18 years or over when the booking is made and in making a booking you warrant that you are 18 years of age or over and have authority to accept, and do accept on behalf of each member of your party, the Terms and Conditions set out in this document.
- A binding contract comes into existence once we have received your non-refundable deposit and issued the booking confirmation by letter or email as described in clause 2.3 below.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking before we send you your written confirmation of booking. If we do this we will advise you promptly in writing and refund any money that you might already have paid to us.
- Booking Procedure
- The completed booking form (if not already completed and submitted on our website) accompanied by a non-refundable booking deposit of 10% of the rental (25% if rental period commences within 15 weeks of your arrival) must be returned to us within 48 hours of us confirming that the Property is available for you to rent.
- Bookings taken within 6 weeks of arrival at the Property must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Once we have received your booking form and all appropriate payments in cleared funds, we will send confirmation of your booking. You must check your booking confirmation (as well as any other document we send to you) carefully immediately upon receipt. If any information appears to be inaccurate in any way please contact us straight away. We cannot accept any liability to make changes if we are not notified of the relevant inaccuracy within 7 days of our sending it out.
- The balance of the rental cost and security deposit (see clause 4 below) must be paid 6 weeks prior to your arrival at the Property failing which we reserve the right to treat the booking as having been cancelled by you.
- You are strongly advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance that covers cancellation by you for whatever reason, including loss of deposit.
- Prices and Payment
- Our quoted prices are for accommodation only. All prices include cleaning prior to arrival and on departure, bed linen, towels, tea-towels, oven gloves and utilities. Please note that beach towels and cot linen are not provided.
- Payment must be made as detailed in clause 2 above and in the written confirmation of booking you receive from us. Any charges raised against us by your bank for handling payments will be passed onto you and you will be liable to reimburse us within 7 days.
- Security Deposit
- A security deposit of £200 is required to cover the cost of any damage or breakages to or at the Property, any additional cleaning (including cleaning of the barbecue) and any missing toiletry items as more particularly described in clause 5 below. The security deposit is payable with the final balance of the rental cost.
- The additional costs (if any) referred to in 4.1 above will be deducted from the security deposit and the remaining balance (if any) will be returned to you within 20 days of your departure from the Property. If the security deposit paid by you is not sufficient to cover these additional costs you will pay the balance within 14 days of demand.
- The Property will be inspected after your departure and we will notify you of any damage, breakages or missing items noted other than those already reported to us in accordance with clause 5.3 below or otherwise.
- We reserve the right to hold the security deposit for longer than 20 days if there is a dispute over damage, or we are awaiting bills/proof of damage.
- Your Responsibilities
- You must arrive at the Property no earlier than 3pm on your day of arrival and leave no later than 10am on your day of departure unless special arrangements have been agreed with us in advance.
- You must keep the Property and all furniture, fittings, facilities, equipment and grounds in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of your holiday and generally in the state of cleanliness and general order in which they were found. We reserve the right to make a deduction from your security deposit for any additional cleaning required over the number of hours comprised in a standard departure clean for the Property.
- You must report to us promptly any breakages or damage and you will be responsible for payment of any breakages, loss or damage to the Property and/or its contents caused by you.
- You are responsible for the correct and decent behaviour of each and every member of your party. Please have consideration for our neighbours. Should you or a member of your party abuse the Property or display dangerous, offensive or rude behaviour to our representatives or any third party (e.g. neighbours) we reserve the right to require the person(s) concerned and/or the whole party to leave the Property as more particularly described in 5.10 below.
- You must not sub-let the Property or allow anyone to stay at the Property who is not included on the booking form without prior permission from us. You agree to inform us promptly of any changes to your party.
- Fireworks or related items must not be used in the house, outside in the garden, on any balcony or near the property at any time during the day or night.
- At no time is music to be played at an unacceptable level. It should be keep at a level at all times that does not distress or cause annoyance or disturbance to neighbours or surrounding houses.
- You, or any member of your party, must not smoke either in the Property or on the balcony.
- You and every member of your party, agree not to use the broadband internet service for unlawful or illegal purposes.
- In the event of you breaching the responsibilities set out above, we reserve the right to require you to vacate the Property and the contract will terminate immediately without refund or compensation save that you will remain liable for any costs or damages incurred by us as a result of your breaching these Terms and Conditions and we reserve the right to deduct such costs and damages from the security deposit.
- Any toiletries made available for your use during your stay will be provided in large refillable bottles which you must not remove from the Property or otherwise dispose of. A charge of £10 will be deducted from your Security Deposit for each refillable bottle that is found to be missing from the Property when cleaning following your departure is undertaken.
- A gas barbecue is provided for your use at the Property which you must leave in a clean and tidy state at the end of your stay. Failure to do so will result in additional cleaning costs, to which see clause 4.1 above. It is your responsibility to ensure that the barbecue is used correctly and safely and cleaned after use.
- Our Liability
- We do not accept liability for any loss, damage or injury howsoever caused to you (or anyone in your party) or to your vehicles or personal property save where personal injury is caused by our negligence. Any valuables left at the Property are left at your own risk. It is your responsibility to ensure that all doors and windows are closed and locked and that the alarm is set when leaving the Property.
- Children should be monitored at all times and you should verify the suitability of children’s equipment and toys which are provided as we cannot accept liability for their use.
- We are not responsible for noise or disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of the Property.
- Broadband internet access is provided at the Property for your recreational use only. We do not promise that the broadband internet service will be available constantly. Neither minimum speeds, unrestricted bandwidth nor uninterrupted provision of internet access can be guaranteed and we accept no liability should internet services be unavailable or fail during your stay.
- We do not accept any liability for compensation where performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by reasons outside of our reasonable control, including the destruction of, or damage to the Property, breakdown of equipment within the Property (such as boilers, fridge/ freezers, TVs), failure or interruption in the supply of public utilities such as water, gas and electricity, adverse weather conditions, flood, acts of God, explosion, tempest, fire or accident, war or threat of war, civil disturbances, break-in, criminal damage, restrictions and regulations of any kind on the part of the government or local authorities, epidemic, strikes, lock-outs, or other industrial action or dispute.
- Access to the Property
- We or our representatives have a right to access the Property at any reasonable time during your stay to carry out essential maintenance. We will endeavour to give reasonable notice to you if practicable.
- If you need to complain we will want to take action to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. It is essential that if any problem arises whilst you are on holiday you should contact us or our local representative (details of which are provided within the Property) promptly to allow us an opportunity to rectify the matter.
- If the problem is not resolved to your reasonable satisfaction during your holiday, you should put your comments in writing within 7 days of your return.
- We cannot accept complaints unless this procedure is followed. Complaints received after your holiday will not be accepted if we have not had prior notification of them and been given the opportunity to put matters right.
- Alterations or Cancellation by you
- If you request any changes to your booking we will endeavour to accommodate them , but cannot guarantee to be able to do so.
- Cancellation by you of your booking for any reason must be in writing. The effective date of cancellation is the date we receive your written notification.
- If you cancel more than 15 weeks (105 days) before your booked arrival date our cancellation charge will not exceed the value of your deposit.
- If you cancel within 15 weeks (105 days) of your booked arrival date but before the final balance of the rental cost has become due for payment you are still liable to make the interim rental payment (if still unpaid at the date of cancellation) and our cancellation charge will not exceed the value of your deposit and any interim payment that has been made or otherwise fallen due for payment.
- If you cancel within 6 weeks (42 days) of your booked arrival date you are still liable to pay the final balance of the rental cost and our cancellation charge will not exceed the full rental cost for your cancelled rental period.
- Following any cancellation by you we will endeavour to find a replacement client for as much of your cancelled rental period as we are reasonably able to. If a replacement is obtained for some or all of your cancelled rental period, we will refund all monies paid by you for the cancelled rental period up to the rental charges we receive from the replacement client(s) for those days during your cancelled rental period that we have been able to re-let, less an administration fee of £50. Maximum cancellation charges are summarised in the table below:
Number of days before holiday start date that notification is received
Cancellation charge (as a percentage of the total cost of the holiday)
More than 105 days
Between 42 and 105 days
42 days or less
- You are strongly advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance that covers cancellation by you for whatever reason, including loss of deposit.
- Alterations or Cancellations by us
- In the interest of continual improvement we reserve the right to make minor modifications to furniture, amenities and facilities without any prior notice.
- Sometimes problems happen (owing for instance to essential repairs, flood, fire damage, utilities failures etc) and bookings may have to be changed or cancelled. We reserve the right to do this and in the unlikely event that the Property is not in a reasonably habitable condition on your booked arrival date we will notify you as soon as is reasonably practicable and explain to you what has happened and let you know about the cancellation. In such circumstances we will try to find you suitable alternative accommodation within the same cost envelope or reschedule your booking with us to a later date, failing which our liability for any such cancellation will be limited to the prompt refund to you of all monies paid by you to us in respect of your cancelled stay.
- Pets are only permitted with our prior consent and must be kept under control at all times. You must not allow pets in the bedrooms or on any of the furniture within the Property. You must remove all traces inside and outside the Property of pet occupation (including faeces from the grounds) before final departure. You are liable for any damage caused by your pet whilst staying at the Property. We cannot be held responsible for the safety of your pet whilst staying at the Property.
- Registered assistance dogs are accepted free of charge at all our properties.
- Brochure and Website Accuracy
- The contents of our brochures and website have been prepared in good faith. We will inform you of any significant changes at the time of booking or as soon after as possible if you have already booked, but shall not be liable for any minor or insignificant inaccuracy in descriptions and information.
- We do not accept responsibility for any changes or closures to local amenities or attractions mentioned in our brochures and on the website.
- We make it our highest priority to ensure that your personal information provided to us is secure and confidential. We will not sell your personal information to third parties. We will only disclose any personal information when required to do so by any lawful authority or as required by the law.
- We may also, with your permission, use your data in the future to update you on the availability of holidays, offers and last minute deals in respect of the Property.
- These Terms and Conditions and the contract to which they apply are governed in all respects by English law and the English courts only shall have jurisdiction in relation to them.
Our COVID-19 revised Booking Terms and Conditions
If “Lockdown” continues, is extended or reintroduced and as a result non-essential travel to self-catering holiday accommodation is generally prohibited, all new bookings made for a stay starting before 31st December 2020 may be cancelled up to 3pm on the day before the scheduled arrival date and:
- either receive a full refund (less an admin fee of £50); or
- receive a full credit (with no admin fee) against a later stay at Rock Lobster or The Salty Dog booked and taken with 12 months of the originally booked arrival date.
Our Terms and Conditions as they apply to these new bookings will be modified accordingly. We do, of course, still strongly advise guests to take out comprehensive travel insurance as there are many other reasons why guess might ultimately need to cancel.