Booking Terms and Conditions
The Salty Dog and Rock Lobster, Camber Sands
Within these Booking Terms and Conditions, “you” and “your” means the person signing or emailing to us the booking form as party leader but these Terms and Conditions apply to all other persons in the party (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date). “We”, “us” and “our” means Mr and Mrs PA Brazel of 17 Hildenbrook Farm, Hildenborough, Tonbridge, Kent TN11 9JN. “Property” means the property to which the booking relates, being The Salty Dog, 5 Whitesand Drive, Camber, East Sussex TN31 7SJ, Rock Lobster, 11 Sea Holly Walk, Camber, East Sussex TN31 7UW as the case may be.
- Booking Contract
- By submitting the booking form to us, you agree to enter into a contract with us on the following terms and conditions.
- You must be aged 18 years or over when the booking is made.
- The contract commences when we have issued the booking confirmation by letter or email as described in clause 2.3 below. We reserve the right to refuse any booking.
- Booking Procedure
- The completed booking form (if not already completed and submitted on our website) accompanied by a booking deposit of 10% of the rental (25% if rental period commences within 15 weeks) must be returned to us within 7 days of us confirming that the Property is available for you to rent.
- Bookings taken within 6 weeks of arrival at the Property must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Once we have received your booking form and all appropriate payments in cleared funds, we will send confirmation of your booking. Please contact us if any information which appears on this confirmation is incorrect or incomplete.
- The balance of the rental cost and security deposit (see clause 4 below) must be paid 6 weeks prior to your arrival at the Property failing which we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
- Prices and Payment
- Our quoted prices are for accommodation only. All prices include cleaning prior to arrival and on departure, bed linen, towels, tea-towels, oven gloves and utilities. Please note that beach towels and cot linen are not provided.
- Payment must be made as detailed on the booking form. Any charges raised against us by your bank for handling payments will be passed onto you and you will be liable to reimburse us within 7 days. Processing fees incurred by us in respect of credit/debit card payments (up to 3.5%) may be payable in addition and, if necessary, deducted from your security deposit.
- Security Deposit
- A security deposit of £200 is required to cover the cost of any damage or breakages to or at the Property, any additional cleaning (including cleaning of the barbecue if provided) and any missing toiletry items as more particularly described in clause 5 below. The security deposit is payable with the balance of the rental cost.
- The additional costs (if any) referred to in 4.1 above will be deducted from the security deposit and the remaining balance will be returned to you within 20 days of your departure from the Property. If the security deposit paid by you is not sufficient to cover these additional costs you will pay the balance within 14 days of demand.
- The Property will be inspected after your departure and we will notify you of any damage, breakages or missing items noted other than those already reported to us in accordance with clause 5.3 below or otherwise.
- We reserve the right to hold the security deposit for longer than 20 days if there is a dispute over damage, or we are awaiting bills/proof of damage.
- Your Responsibilities
- You must arrive at the Property no earlier than 3pm on your day of arrival and leave no later than 10amon your day of departure unless special arrangements have been agreed with us in advance.
- You must keep the Property and all furniture, fittings, facilities, equipment and grounds in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday and generally in the state of cleanliness and general order in which they were found. We reserve the right to make a deduction from your security deposit for any additional cleaning required over the usual number of hours committed to departure cleaning.
- You must report to us promptly any breakages or damage and you will be responsible for payment of any breakages, loss or damage to the Property and/or its contents caused by you.
- You are responsible for the correct and decent behaviour of your party. Please have consideration for our neighbours. Should you or a member of your party abuse the Property or display dangerous, offensive or rude behaviour to our representatives or any third party (e.g. neighbours) we reserve the right to require the person(s) concerned and/or the whole party to leave the Property as more particularly described in 5.9 below.
- You must not sub-let the Property or allow anyone to stay at the Property who is not included on the booking form without prior permission from us. You agree to inform us promptly of any changes to your party.
- Fireworks or related items must not be used in the house, outside in the garden, on any balcony or near the property at any time during the day or night.
- At no time is music to be played at an unacceptable level. It should be keep at a level at all times that does not distress or cause a disturbance to your neighbours or surrounding houses.
- You, or any member of your party, must not smoke either in the Property or on the balcony.
- You, or any member of your party, agree not to use the broadband service for unlawful or illegal purposes.
- In the event of you breaching the responsibilities set out above, we reserve the right to ask you to vacate the Property and the contract will terminate immediately without refund or compensation save that you will remain liable for any costs or damages incurred by us as a result of your breaching these Booking Terms and Conditions and we reserve the right to deduct such costs and damages from the security deposit.
- Any toiletries made available for your use during your stay will be provided in large refillable bottles which you must not remove from the Property or otherwise dispose of. A charge of £10 will be deducted from your Security Deposit for each refillable bottle that is found to be missing from the Property when cleaning following your departure is undertaken.
- If a gas barbecue is provided for your use at the Property you must leave it in a clean and tidy state at the end of your stay. Failure to do so will result in additional cleaning costs, to which see clause 4.1 above.
- Our Liability
- We do not accept liability for any loss, damage or injury howsoever caused to you (or anyone in your party) or to your vehicles or personal property save where personal injury is caused by our negligence. Any valuables left at the Property are left at your own risk. It is essential and your responsibility to ensure that all doors and windows are closed and locked and, at The Salty Dog and Rock Lobster, Camber Sands,that the alarm is set when leaving the Property.
- Children should be monitored at all times and you should verify the suitability of children’s equipment which is provided as we cannot accept liability.
- We are not responsible for noise or disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of the Property.
- We do not accept any liability for compensation where performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by reasons outside of our reasonable control, including adverse weather conditions, acts of God, explosion, tempest, fire or accident, war or threat of war, civil disturbances, restrictions and regulations of any kind on the part of the government or local authorities, strikes, lock-outs, or other industrial action or dispute.
- Access to the Property
- We or our representatives have a right to access the Property at any reasonable time during your stay to carry out essential maintenance. We will endeavour to give reasonable notice to you if practicable.
- In the event that a complaint arises whilst you are on holiday you should contact us or our local representative (details of which are provided within the Property) promptly to allow us an opportunity to rectify the matter.
- If the problem is not resolved to your reasonable satisfaction during your holiday, you should put your comment in writing within 7 days of your return.
- We cannot accept complaints unless this procedure is followed. Complaints received after your holiday will not be accepted if we have not had prior notification of them and been given the opportunity to put matters right.
- Alterations or Cancellation by you
- If you request any changes to your booking we will endeavour to comply, but cannot guarantee to be able to do so.
- Cancellation by you of your booking must be in writing. The effective date of cancellation is the date we receive written notification. If you cancel before the balance of the rental cost has become due for payment, our cancellation charge will be restricted to the value of your deposit and any interim payment that has fallen due. If you cancel after the balance of the rental cost has fallen due for payment (see clause 3.2) or if earlier, after the date that you paid the balance of the rental cost, the cancellation charge will be the full rental cost (including deposit). We will endeavour to find a replacement client. If a replacement is obtained, we will refund all monies paid by you for the rental, less any difference between the total price you paid and the price paid by the replacement client, less an administration fee of £50. Cancellation charges are summarised in the table below:
Number of days before holiday start date that notification is received
Cancellation charge (as a percentage of the total cost of the holiday)
More than 140 days
Between 42 and 140 days
42 days or less
You are strongly advised to be sure that you have adequate travel or other insurance.
- Alterations or Cancellations by us
- In the interest of continual improvement we reserve the right to make minor modifications to furniture, amenities and facilities without any prior notice.
- In the unlikely event that the Property is not available on the date booked (owing for instance to essential major repairs, flood or fire damage), we will refund all monies paid by you to us.
- Pets are only permitted only with our prior consent and must be kept under control at all times. You must not allow pets in the bedrooms or on any of the furniture within the Property. You must remove all traces inside and outside the Property of pet occupation (including faeces from the grounds) before final departure. You are liable for any damage caused by your pet whilst staying at the Property. We cannot be held responsible for the safety of your pet whilst staying at the Property.
- Registered assistance dogs are accepted free of charge at all our properties.
- Brochure and Website Accuracy
- The contents of our brochures and website have been prepared in good faith. We will inform you of any significant changes at the time of booking or as soon after as possible if you have already booked, but shall not be liable for any minor or insignificant inaccuracy in descriptions and information.
- We do not accept responsibility for any changes or closures to local amenities or attractions mentioned in our brochures and on the website.
- We make it our highest priority to ensure that your personal information provided to us is secure and confidential. We will not sell your personal information to third parties. We will only disclose any personal information when required to do so by any lawful authority or as required by the law.
- These terms and conditions and the contract to which they apply are governed in all respects by English law and the English courts only shall have jurisdiction in relation to them.