The Salty Dog Holiday Cottage, Camber Sands
This Accessibility Guide does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to describe accurately the facilities and services that we offer to all our guests.
We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this guide, if you have any queries please do call us. We look forward to welcoming you.
Access Statement for The Salty Dog
Our self-catering property is detached, timber framed and brick with 3 floors.
- Bookings / enquiries can be made via email, on-line or phone
- The nearest train station Rye is 3 miles away; there are accessible taxis at the station.
- We can provide information in large print.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is parking outside on the road, on the drives.
- One parking space is levelled tarmac drive with bonded gravel. One parking space is levelled loose gravel.
- The entrance at the front has 0 steps.
- The outside light beside the entrance door is switched on from the inside; the light switch is on the right as you enter the house.
- Parking is 4 metres away from the entrance door.
- The entrance door is clearly visible from the parking area.
Dining Room, Kitchen & Lounge
- Open plan on ground floor.
- Flooring is Kardean Vinyl.
- Door width 83.5 cm.
- Free space between table and walls is at least 1 meter on 3 sides of the table, the fourth side has a bench seat against the wall.
- An extendable dining table is in the dining area with 4 chairs and a bench seat, additional stools are available.
- Worktop height 92 cm.
- Oven door is drop down, height of lowest shelf 45 cm, can be accessed from the side.
- Sink is 90 cm high with cupboards underneath.
- Hob is 90 cm high and electric ceramic.
- At least 110 cm free space between all furniture and worktops.
- Good contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces.
- Fridge with freezer available, highest shelf in fridge 167 cm.
- Front loading dish washer 60 cms wide.
- Microwave on work surface
- Sofa is leather (non moveable), cushions are feather filled.
- Wall mounted 40” Smart TV with remote control.
- There is no separate laundry but there is a standard size washer dryer, which is front loading, provided in the kitchen.
Bedroom (on the 1st floor)
- Door width 76 cm. (doorway is 68 cm wide).
- Double bed provided (6 ft) or 2 single beds (3 ft each).
- Bed height 63 cm floor to top of mattress.
- Non feather duvets and pillows provided.
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillowcases are cotton
- Ensuite shower room
- Bed is movable if more space is required to one side
- Largest free space clear of doors and furniture is 360 cm by 185 cm
Bathroom & WC [Ensuite]
- Door width 76 cm (doorway is 70 cm wide).
- Cubicle with flexible shower over. Step into shower tray of 20cm.
- Free space in bathroom (free of doors and furniture) is 90cm by 1m.
- Toilet seat height 44 cm
- Flooring is Kardean vinyl.
- Good colour contrast between floor, walls and furniture.
- Wash basin is in a vanity unit with two drawers under.
Ground floor WC
- Door Width 84 cm
- Toilet seat height 41cm
- Free space (free of doors and furniture) is 84cm by 100cm
- Flooring is ceramic tiles
Grounds and Gardens
- Access to garden through back door, 2 steps down onto brick patio of 14cm each.
- Information folder is produced in size 14 font.
- Please inform on arrival of individual requirements in case of evacuation.
- The house is no smoking.
- Dogs by arrangement – please inform us on booking.
- Heating is provided by gas central heating throughout.
- We will review our property through feedback from our guests and make any changes accordingly.
- We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve, if you have any comments please email us.