A message from us...
We’re Good to Go
We were so pleased to be able to welcome guests back to Camber Sands to holiday at The Salty Dog and Rock Lobster cottages.
While we were closed we were busy making adjustments to our procedures, carrying out training and adapting our business to protect our guests, our staff and us.
We have introduced a series of changes as detailed below.
- All cleaning and laundry is carried out (as has always been the case) by a professional cleaning company and laundry (Pikes Services Ltd) who have taken training in dealing with COVID-19 and adapted any procedures as appropriate in line with current Government Guidelines.
- We have suspended the Meet & Greet service in favour of a self check-in key-safe system.
- Visits to the property during guests’ stay is kept to a minimum with social distancing. We will only enter the house if absolutely necessary, telephone support is still available.
- Mid-stay cleans have been suspended for the time being, fresh linen for any mid-stay linen changes is left in a laundry bag, we are asking guests to change their own linen and then bag used linen in laundry bag which will remain in the property until the end-of-stay clean. We are also asking guests to strip their beds at the end of their stay and place the used bed linen in a laundry bag. This is then quarantined at the laundry for 72 hours before being laundered.
- Number of toys, books etc in property is reduced and rotated and quarantined between stays.
- Guest information and leaflets have been removed from property, guest information is made available via My Stay Planner our online guest login.
- We ask guests to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitiser (provided) when they first enter the house or return to it after a trip out.
Book Now ... "Risk Free" deferral or refund ...
The beautiful weather over the spring and summer last year reminded us all just how lovely the UK can be and how much we miss the seaside and the freedom to enjoy it.
With so much continuing uncertainty and many holiday rental companies tightening their cancellation policies guests are understandably nervous to commit to holidays that Boris Johnson might yet sensibly prevent them from taking. We all know the wisdom of the old adage “book early to avoid disappointment”; at Let’s Unwind we want to make this as easy and as risk-free for you as possible.
So, rather than tighten our cancellation terms for a stay at The Salty Dog or Rock Lobster starting before 31st December 2021, we have relaxed them.
If “Lockdown” continues, is extended or reintroduced and as a result we are forced to close our self-catering accommodation, we are offering those bookings:
- either a full refund (less an admin fee of £50); or
- a full credit (with no admin fee) against a later stay at Rock Lobster or The Salty Dog booked and taken with 12 months of their originally booked arrival date.
Our Terms and Conditions as they apply to these new bookings have been modified accordingly. We do, of course, still strongly advise guests to take out comprehensive travel insurance as there are many other reasons why guess might ultimately need to cancel.